If you own the Oculus Quest 2, then you have gotten your hands on one of the most beloved pieces of tech around today. This virtual reality (VR) headset has become one of the most popular of their kind.
However, for some people, the challenge in using their Oculus Quest 2 comes down to getting it connected. Whether you have just bought your Oculus Quest 2 or you have been using it for a while, you might have one question in mind: how do you pair your Oculus Quest 2 to your phone?
In this quick guide, we will break down the basic steps you need to follow to do this without any headaches.
How to pair Oculus Quest 2 to phone handsets without any headaches
To help you get started, then, we will begin this guide as if you have just opened the Oculus Quest 2 up for the first time.
- Start off by taking your Oculus Quest 2 out of the box. It should have everything you need in there – the headset itself, the controllers that you use to handle the VR experience, a charger, and a charger cable. You should also get a spacer, which is useful if you wear glasses.
- Get your Oculus Quest 2 headset and start charging it. The full charging experience can take around 2-3 hours to charge, so you might need to leave this charging. Once it is fully charged, you can then proceed with the rest of this guide. If you already charged it, then great!
- While you wait for the Oculus Quest 2 to charge (or if it is already charged), download the Oculus app to your smartphone. This is available for both Android and Apple, so you should be able to find it regardless of your phone build. Download the app and let it install accordingly.
- Log in to the Oculus app – you can do this by using your Facebook account. If you do not have a Facebook account, you will need to create one. We understand this can be annoying to some people, but it is the only way to use the Oculus Quest 2 app.
- Turn on your Oculus Quest 2 and then hold the headset to your smartphone. So long as your smartphone has Bluetooth on and your headset is turned on, they should connect with one another. Make sure you do not close the app or turn off the headset until the connection is made.
- Now, place the Oculus Quest 2 onto your head and follow the instructions that you are given. This should be easy enough to follow along with, and in the meantime, you will also connect your Oculus Quest 2 to the Wi-Fi. Make sure it is the same Wi-Fi as your smartphone is using.
- Once the Oculus Quest 2 has been updated in full, it will make a ping noise to let you know it is ready. Do not close the Oculus app as this takes place. Once it is updated, you should find that your smartphone and the Oculus Quest 2 connect together and start working as a pairing now.
Enjoying your Oculus Quest 2 to the fullest just became a whole lot easier
By using the above seven-step process, you can make sure that your Oculus Quest 2 is going to turn on without any problems at all. This is exactly what you are looking for if you need a VR experience that is easy to control and highly enjoyable. Start here, and you can simplify the experience of getting your Oculus Quest 2 to pair up with your smartphone.