Do you have Oculus Quest 2 but are unable to play the rift library games like Shadow Legend VR? If yes, You are at the right place. One-stop solution to all your gaming and tech queries, game-virtual-reality has brought yet another compelling article answering the question- how to play Shadow Legend VR on Oculus Quest 2.
Gamers don’t just stop after knowing how to play this game on Quest 2. They ask- Can I play Shadow Legend VR on Oculus Quest 2? Be with us; you’ll get the answer to all your questions right here in this article.
- How to play phasmophobia on Oculus quest 2
- how to convert laptop for gaming
- Best oculus quest 2 third party accessories
Let us throw some light on Oculus Quest 2
Facebook owns Oculus, but the company has gone rebranding recently. Now it’s called Meta Oculus. The article holds true whether you’re looking for Facebook Oculus Quest 2, Oculus Quest 2, or Meta Oculus Quest 2 connection for playing Shadow Legend.
Through your Oculus Quest 2, you Can now watch the rift library games such as Shadow Legend.
Ways to Play on Oculus Quest 2
As we know Shadow legend is on Rift Library and there is two features that allow us to connect the rift library with our VR headset so we can play it.
Two ways included the wired method which is called the Oculus link feature and the wireless method which is called the Air Link feature.
The wired method demands you to connect with the PC using a wire, whereas a wireless way doesn’t require cable and gives the flexibility to move around more easily.
Let us spread some good news for your gamers community- it’s easy to play rift library games on Oculus Quest 2. But the main question is how to play Shadow Legend VR on Oculus Quest 2?
Wired Method To Play Shadow Legend On Oculus Quest 2
Before we proceed, make sure you have a gaming laptop or pc with a decent Graphics card, as this game will run on your PC and it will broadcast the visuals on your headset. you can also improve your laptop for gaming by doing these steps.
And also you’ll need a supported oculus link cable which I’ve listed some of them from Amazon below. these are not official cable but would do the job and most importantly these are much affordable than official cable which you can check its price here.
Make sure that your PC has a Type-C port if you’re purchasing an official cable as both the end has type C. Else you need a Type A to Type C adapter.
Once you get your cable connect it with your headset and follow these steps to play Shadow Legend VR on Oculus Quest 2.
- Once the hardware is arranged, time to arrange software. Visit the Oculus official website and download the updated version of Rift software. Install it after the download.
- Use the cable and plug it on one side to the PC and the other side to your Quest 2.
- Visit the Oculus Rift software on PC and head towards device settings.
- You’ll find Quest 2 there if the Oculus link cable is connected correctly.
- The application checks the connection and passes it using the original link cable.
- Now, open the headset and wait for the notification “Enable the Oculus link.”
- Click on “Yes.” Congrats, it’s done. Search in the PC software for a rift game like Shadow Legend VR and start playing.
This method is one of the best answers to your question about playing Shadow Legend on Oculus Quest 2?
Wireless Method To Play Shadow Legend On Oculus Quest 2
Air link offers one of the ways to play Rift compatible games on Oculus Quest 2 without the need to have a direct connection from the PC.
Air link takes the gaming to a new level where you’re free to roam within the wireless range and keep playing. That’s not just good for health; it also makes the game more joyful. But the question is – How to play Shadow Legend VR on Oculus Quest 2?
First, check whether your Quest 2 has the latest update that is v28. Also, confirm your PC to play Shadow Legend VR.
As of now, the Air Link option is in experimental mode.
Then it would be best if you had a solid and secure Wi-Fi connection for interrupted playing. The ideal router range is 20 feet.
- Download and install the Oculus app on the PC.
- Look for “Setting.”
- Afterward, look for the “Air Link” option under “Settings.”
- Turn the “Air Link” on. Now it’s time to switch on your Quest 2 headset.
- Go to headset settings and further navigate to experimental settings.
- There, you’ll find “Air Link” activation.
- Please enable it.
- Once both the headset and PC application are turned on, wait for the PC app to find your headset for pairing.
- Before the final pairing, Quest 2 gives a notification for enabling the Air Link.
- Click on “Yes.”
Link cable provides a 72Hz default refresh rate that you might find not good enough for an immersive gaming experience. However, there is a way to make changes.
You can tweak the refresh rate to 80Hz, 90Hz, or 120Hz. A better refresh rate delivers better performance and gaming experience.
- After primary setup, visit the “Device tab” on the Oculus PC app.
- There you’ll find your connected Quest 2 headset. Click on that, and a settings sidebar will come up.
- Look for graphics preferences to make changes in refresh rate and resolutions.
- Based on your PC hardware features and games you’re playing, make the required changes there.
- Please note too high refresh rates also impact performance, so it’s better to test and adjust it according to various gaming components.
This method is also applicable for making changes while playing through Air Link.
The conclusion is that there are two ways to play Shadow Legend V on Oculus Quest 2. However, the twist in the tale is that you cannot play this game without any PC.
Can I play Shadow Legend VR on Oculus Quest 2 without a PC? No, Oculus Quest 2 will just work as a VR headset and not a standalone Headset. you’ll need a gaming PC to run the game. If you’re looking for a good gaming laptop here is our suggestion
What re you waiting for? Make full use of your Oculus Quest 2. Start playing Shadow Legend VR on that.