If you want to know How to play Skyrim on Oculus Quest 2? then this article is for you, I have given you a detailed guide in this article.
Oculus Quest 2 is an advanced VR- headset from Meta that is formally known as Facebook. This all-in headset enables you to play hundreds of games, live events, and more with a super-fun user experience.
Skyrim is a successful game quite popular among gamers. When you get this game and Oculus Quest 2 connected, you get a whole new level of gaming experience full of depth and immersion.
If you too are searching for an answer to this question, there is no better place than this article to know the answer.
- Best Oculus quest 2 third party accessories
- How to play phasmophobia on oculus quest 2
- Best VR gaming laptop
However, before we go deep into ways to play Skyrim on Oculus Quest 2, let’s throw some light on Oculus Quest 2.
- Methods to get skyrim on oculus quest 2
- Wired Method To Play Skyrim On Quest 2
- Steps to Connect Headset with steam store to play The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
- Wireless Method To Play Skyrim On Oculus Quest 2
- What Are The Minimum Recommendation Of The PC To Connect With Oculus Quest 2?
- Why Oculus Quest 2 is that much popular?
- Final Word
Methods to get skyrim on oculus quest 2
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR game is available on the Steam store and currently it is yet to be launched on the oculus quest 2 store, so we have to connect our Oculus VR headset with the steam store.
For connecting with the steam we will need a gaming PC or laptop which has a decent Graphics card because all the processing will be done on the PC.
We have two methods of playing Skyrim on Quest 2. The first one is the wired method which is also called Oculus Link and the second one is wireless. Under the wireless method, there is a feature called Air link.
Wired Method To Play Skyrim On Quest 2
There is no denying that Oculus Link cable is sure-short the best and straightforward way to play Skyrim on Oculus Quest 2. you get the best performance but you’ll have to deal with some flexibility issues as you’ll be playing with wires around.
The Oculus cable works with most PCs whereas the same is not true with Air Link. Wireless methods work better with wifi 6 and many laptop or pc would not have that hardware. that’s why you should go for the wired method.
So the First step would be to get a supported oculus link cable from amazon here. You can get third-party link cable that does the job and also is budget-friendly but if you have the budget then go for official cable as this will increase the overall performance.
Steps to Connect Headset with steam store to play The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
- Turn on the headset.
- Connect your Link Cable to the headset and PC.
- Download the Oculus app on the PC and open it.
- Wait for a message Allow access to data to display on your headset, allow it to connect.
- Accept it and then follow the procedure on PC software
- Once you’re connected you’re ready to play rift games but to play steam games you’ll have to do few more steps
- Download steam software on your PC and install it
- after installation open it and search for SteamVR app inside the store
- Now you’ll have to enable the headset to fetch the “Unknown Sources” by going under filter
after enabling this option go to the bottom menu and open virtual desktop option and there you’ll see your PC screen in your headset, so just open the steam software and purchase The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR game and have fun.
Wireless Method To Play Skyrim On Oculus Quest 2
Oculus Air Link For Playing Skyrim
How can we miss mentioning this awesome way for How to play Skyrim on Oculus Quest 2. The Air Link is an official method to play steam games like Skyrim on Oculus Quest 2.
Earlier this option was only available for Quest 2, but later Facebook extended it to the previous version of Quest through the v30 software update.
Before Oculus provided the Air Link option to wirelessly play steam games, the virtual desktop was a go-to option for gamers. The virtual desktops are available for both Quest and Quest 2.
To make use of this method, both PC and headset should have v28 software running. To check the version visit the settings.
Steps to do on your PC
- Make sure you’ve installed oculus app on your PC
- Open setting and go to “Beta” tab
- Enable “Air link” feature there.
Steps to do on You headset
- Open the setting from the Menu bar
- Open “Experimental tab” from the setting
- you’ll see “Air link” there enable it.
after doing these steps download Steam app on your pc and again do the same steps I’ve mentioned for wired method like search for “SteamVR” in steam library and install it, now go inside the headset and enable “Unknown Sources” under the filter.
now you should be able to see games from steam however you’ll have to purchase the The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR game on steam then you will able to see it inside the library of oculus inside your headset.
What Are The Minimum Recommendation Of The PC To Connect With Oculus Quest 2?
You need a PC to play Skyrim, there are two reasons for that. Its availability on steam and the non-matching with the compatibility. Steam recommends a minimum of 8GB RAM for Skyrim.
Simply looking for how to play Skyrim on Oculus Quest 2 is not enough. Your PC needs to fulfill some minimum requirements such as:-
- Intel I5-4590 or AMD Ryzen 5 1500X processor
- Windows 10 and more
- Minimum 8GB RAM for good performance
Why Oculus Quest 2 is that much popular?
- It’s more than just a gaming VR headset. You can use it for live events, sporting events, physical activity, and more alone or with your friends.
- There is no need to remain stuck with a wired headset. Quest 2 gives you the flexibility to go anywhere without taking a break from your game, entertainment, etc.
- It comes with an advanced processor, highest resolution display, and lighting fast speed delivering an unbelievable VR experience.
- Setting up and using a VR headset is always remain troublesome for gamers. With Quest 2, you simply get seamless connectivity through the mobile application.
- What’s more? Oculus Quest 2 is a go-to way to play, create, collaborate and share with your Facebook friends using the devices. It’s always fun to use with more people.
In the end, let us conclude the topic- How to play Skyrim on Oculus Quest 2. It’s true, there are two methods but Air link and virtual desktop options are not as reliable as the USB methods.
Connect the cable with your computer directly if that is the Type-1 port. If not, buy the adapter such as Type- C to Type A from any reputed brand. The less reliable adapter is prone to giving you a break connection as well as a slow connection